I love tripe and it's really hard to get at a butcher let alone a
restaurant in tassie. So, I'm in heaven eating tripes de Castelnaudary
here in a brasserie in Mirepoix south of Carcassonne with rain falling
outside.
Today we'll break our camp here, sadly, and head to the coast near
Perpignan.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Stan. I cannot say I share your passion for tripe, and looking the pictured dish did not do any thing to further recruit me. The wine was a lovely colour though. Owen.
ReplyDeleteNOW you have convinced me of the french cooking genius - edible tripe! Hope the wrist is not too painful now Alice. Am loving the blog!
ReplyDeleteJeff
Will give that tripe a miss, merci - but that's the first thing you've mentioned that I would.
ReplyDeleteWell school is back tomorrow, Alice, and your teachers are busy writing reports.
Hope you are managing to eat with your left hand - and speaking beaucoup de phrases françaises. I won't expect you to keep a journal after all.
yeah - no tripe in this family.......we are in Meleka, food everywhere (jonny would like to eat for 48n hours straght and we know he could!!!)Just left the Tioman Island today - coral reefs, trutles, shark reefs, tropicalfish,monkeys, swimming all day and $3 cocktails ( heaven and no cars either).Hope your arm is not to itchy where your cast is Alice ( knittings needles are good for that!!)Ruben wants to know where there picture of the frogs legs and sanils are????
ReplyDeleteI had tripe at a street stall in KL in March (along with a bit of tendon and some meat balls and noodles). It was very nice! Our butcher has tripe every so often ... I'm sure he'd get it in for you if you asked for it!
ReplyDelete